Professional Boundaries for Community Support Professionals: Stay "In Bounds"
Professional boundaries are guidelines for maintaining positive, healthy and therapeutic relationships with individuals with disabilities. Understanding the scope of professional boundaries helps community support professionals prevent misconduct, recognize boundary crossing, promote dignity and protect the rights of individuals with disabilities. Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- understand "why" professional boundaries are important
- identify the professional boundaries in the community support professional-client relationship
- recognize types of boundary crossing
- explore the "zone of helpfulness" and learn how to stay "in bounds"
- teach self determination and self advocacy
If you're new to the NCISI website, please fill out our NCISI registration form, which will allow you to sign up for the training.
If you'd like to sign up for the training, and you've already filled out the NCISI Registration form previously, please login under "Already a Registered User?" at the top left-hand section of the page.
In order to retrieve the archived training materials, you must first register as a user.