Practical Supervisory Tactics & Tools - NYC
Lesson #1 | From Buddy to Boss
- Making the transition from individual contributor to manager
- What employees want and expect from you
- The difference between a manager and a leader
- Explore and learn how to use different leadership styles
Lesson #2 | How to Handle Difficult Individuals
- Discover the typical difficult employee profiles
- Learn what drives their behaviors
- Understand what to do and not do as their manager
Lesson #3 | Conflict Management and Resolution
- Know your conflict handling styles
- Develop the right conflict approach for each situation
- Understand and minimize the nature and cause of conflict
Lesson #4 | Performance Management & Evaluation
- Learn the 5 steps in performance management
- Set clear and measurable performance goals
- How to manage performance and provide feedback
- Preparing for the performance evaluation
Each lesson will focus on a distinct and common supervisory issue and provide practical tools and tips to address each of those concerns. Participants will leave the training with the ability to:
- Navigate the transition from being a coworker to a supervisor & avoid common pitfalls
- Determine the typical types of difficult employees, what’s behind their behavior and how to deal with it
- Positively approach conflict and determine the best strategy for resolution
- Manage performance to achieve goals and objectives, develop your employee and minimize
surprises during the annual evaluation.
If you're new to the NCISI website, please fill out our NCISI registration form, which will allow you to sign up for the training.
If you'd like to sign up for the training, and you've already filled out the NCISI Registration form previously, please login under "Already a Registered User?" at the top left-hand section of the page.
In order to retrieve the archived training materials, you must first register as a user.