Practical Supervisory Tactics & Tools
We are pleased to offer a session designed to focus on the supervisory training and development needs of and human services, behavioral health and education professionals. Join us as we dig into common everyday issues faced by supervisors, whether new to their role or a seasoned supervisor, and learn strategies and skills to maximize performance and minimize problems.
Practical Supervisory Tactics & Tools Training
Lesson #1 | From Buddy to Boss
- Making the transition from individual contributor to manager
- What employees want and expect from you – roles and expectations
- The difference between being a manager and a leader
- Explore, and learn how to use, different leadership styles
Lesson #2 | Coaching & Feedback Skills
- Learn how to develop others
- When to inspire, motivate, support and provide meaningful recognition (non-technical)
- Develop, coach, and train your employees (technical skills)
Lesson #3 | Conflict Management and Resolution
- Know your conflict handling styles
- Develop the right conflict approach for each situation
- Resolution strategies
- Understand and minimize the nature and cause of conflict
- Learn how to deal with difficult people
If you're new to the NCISI website, please fill out our NCISI registration form, which will allow you to sign up for the training.
If you'd like to sign up for the training, and you've already filled out the NCISI Registration form previously, please login under "Already a Registered User?" at the top left-hand section of the page.
In order to retrieve the archived training materials, you must first register as a user.