5 New Year’s Resolutions For People With Disabilities
Disabled people are constantly bombarded with advice all year, every year, mostly on how to solve problems we already know how to solve … or how to become, or at least appear to be, less disabled.
Still, there are a few goals to choose from for people with disabilities interested in committing to some useful self-improvement in the new year.
1. Explore disability issues and culture.
2. Venture beyond disability issues and culture.
3. Support and uplift people with all kinds of disabilities, not just your own.
4. Speak up about problems and injustices faced by the disability community, not just your own personal battles.
5. Explain basic disability issues to people who aren’t familiar with them.
Pulrang, Andrew. “5 New Year's Resolutions For People With Disabilities.” Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 31 Dec. 2020, www.forbes.com/sites/andrewpulrang/2021/12/31/5-new-years-resolutions-for-people-with-disabilities-1/?sh=6ebf632e4830.