Essex County I/DD Service Providers Information Session
We are pleased to share that we have received a grant from The Kessler Foundation to assist providers of employment services in Essex County in moving individuals with I/DD into integrated employment in the community. We have been selected to do this work, in part, due to our work and experience in RI where we were called upon by the state to increase integrated employment opportunities following an investigation by the Department of Justice for being in violation of federal civil rights laws. Those were certainly trying times and we learned many valuable lessons. We’d like to share some of what we learned with a broader community and hope for your partnership in this effort. Like you, we want individuals with I/DD to enjoy employment in the community, in a job of their choosing, working along-side people with and without disabilities as soon as they express the desire to do so. Please join us to learn about the work before us and our plans to address:
- Creating a culture of work readiness
- Rapid Job Placement as a placement strategy
- Business development as a collective, county-wide effort
- Effective Customized Employment strategies
- Internship development and supports
- Community Based Work Evaluations
- The critical role of family engagement
- The use of key tools such as the Functional Assessment and the Gap Analysis tool
If you're new to the NCISI website, please fill out our NCISI registration form, which will allow you to sign up for the training.
If you'd like to sign up for the training, and you've already filled out the NCISI Registration form previously, please login under "Already a Registered User?" at the top left-hand section of the page.
In order to retrieve the archived training materials, you must first register as a user.