- normal +
How Person-Centered Care is Changing the Senior Care Industry
Mon,04/30/2018 - 08:49am
What Person-Centered Care Means for Seniors
From the senior’s perspective, this type of care includes the following practices and principles:
- I have the right to determine how best to meet my needs.
- It must include me, my family and team in decision-making.
- My care must be empowering, nurturing and respectful.
- My care should optimize my physical and psychosocial well-being.
- “Nothing about me, without me.”
When seniors offer their perspective on quality of care and services, they most often describe how the service was experienced by them.